???CESR is currently seeking undergraduate interns to collaborate in our Communications and Administration departments during the Fall Semester (September to December). While we prefer to maintain a consistent schedule, days and hours or work are flexible. Interns are based at CESR's New York office.
??????The person selected for this position will support CESR's communications and administration departments by executing a variety of research, outreach and administrative duties. The role will involved researching for blog articles for the CESR website, carrying out analysis on social media advocacy strategies, refining outreach tools such as the CESR supporter database, and supporting in the renovation of the CESR website . The intern may also be called upon to contribute to the preparation of advocacy materials for use before United Nations and other national and international human rights bodies.
CESR was the first NGO set up specifically to focus on economic and social rights, and it continues to be the leading independent voice of the particular issues and challenges facing human rights defenders in this area. The Center has established robust partnerships with national, regional and international organizations that allow for mutual exchange of expertise. Given that the Center is also a relatively small NGO, our communications and outreach work is particularly important.
- In pursuit of a degree in a related field, such as non-profit management or non-profit communications;
- Consistent attention to detail;
- Capacity to read, write and communicate in English;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Knowledge of social media strategy and best practice for non-profits
- Knowledge of social justice issues, particularly human rights and/ or development
- Experience in conducting research on socio-economic issues
- Capacity to work independently.
- Experience with managing online content, familiarity with technologies for/development of online resources, including Wordpress, creation of video content
- Capacity to read, write and communicate in Spanish;
- Knowledge of human rights issues, particularly economic and social rights;
- Background knowledge of development, economics
- Familiarity with resource centers and databases, especially on socio-economic and development data from various international agencies and trusted sources.
How to apply
Please send your resume, with a writing sample and cover letter explaining your interest and specific qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Undergraduate Internship" in your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.??????