There are currently no open job opportunities at CESR. Please check back regularly and sign up to our mailing list to be informed of new job openings.
2. Graduate Research Internships
Current Internship Opportunities
CESR is currently seeking a part-time Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) graduate intern to support the MLE Team (the Director of Strategy and Learning and Development Manager) ensure relevant data and insights are captured systematically across project teams and that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of activities and influences the strategic development of future projects. Please click the link above for more information about the position.
General Information About Internships
CESR takes graduate research interns in Spring Semester (January – April); over summer (May – August); and Fall Semester (September – December). Our interns generally work part-time over the Spring and Fall semesters and full-time over the summer. Although we are eager to negotiate a relatively consistent schedule, days and hours of work are flexible. Arrangements for off-site internships are considered.
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and specific qualifications to email@example.com. Please indicate "Graduate-Level Internship" in your application. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis untilthe date specified above (see current openings). Early applications are strongly encouraged! Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Interns contribute substantively to the Center’s work in one or more of program areas. In particular, interns carry out research that analyzes trends in global policy. They also contribute to the Center’s research documenting deprivations of economic and social rights in specific countries contexts; this interdisciplinary research deploys social science and statistical methods alongside traditional techniques of human rights reporting, such as legal analysis and narrative testimony. Interns are also involved in preparing reports and other advocacy materials based on the findings of such research, to present to relevant institutions at the national, regional and United Nations level. As a small NGO, the Center has established robust partnerships with national, regional and international organizations that allow for mutual exchange of expertise. Interns may also interact with our partners, including by attending meetings and workshops, preparing or delivering presentations, authoring blogs posts and opinion pieces, etc.
- In pursuit of a law or graduate degree in a related field, especially human rights, development, or economics;
- Consistent attention to detail;
- Capacity to read, write and communicate in English;
- Strong writing and communication skills, including an ability to clearly explain complex technical issues in an accessible language and synthesize and evaluate data;
- Knowledge of human rights, particularly economic, social and cultural rights;
- Experience in conducting research, both quantitative and qualitative;
Capacity to work independently.
- Capacity to read, write and communicate in Spanish or Arabic;
- Background knowledge on human rights monitoring methodologies;
- Background knowledge of applied macroeconomics and statistics;
- Experience with communications for social justice;
- Experience developing online resources and/or familiarity with interactive web-based or other technologies for use in social justice advocacy, such as wikis, video and audio podcasts, social networking sites, etc.
Familiarity with resource centers and databases, especially on socio-economic and development data from various international agencies and trusted sources.
3. Post-graduate Fellowships
CESR periodically hosts post-graduate fellows who have been awarded funding from their university. Often, fellows will focus on a specific project, defined in consultation with CESR and their university. We do not have a formal application process for fellows. To inquire about working with us as a post-graduate fellow, please email firstname.lastname@example.org