Fiscal Fallacies: 8 Myths about the 'Age of Austerity'
Suggested further reading
- United Nations, “Report of the Commission of Experts of the President of the United Nations General Assembly on Reforms of the International Monetary and Financial System,” 2009.
- UNCTAD, “On the brink: fiscal austerity threatens a global recession,” Policy Brief no. 24, 2011.
- UN Independent Expert on the question of human rights and extreme poverty, Ms. Maria Magdalena Sepúlveda Carmona, “The human rights based approach to recovery from the global economic and financial crises, with a focus on those living in poverty,” 17 March 2011.
- Isabel Ortiz and Matthew Cummins (eds.) “A Recovery for All: Rethinking Socio-Economic Policies for Children and Poor Households,” UNICEF Division of Policy and Practice, New York 2012.
- Radhika Balakrishnan and Diane Elson (eds.) Economic Policy and Human Rights, 2012, Zed Books, New York
- Radhika Balakrishnan and Diane Elson, “Auditing Economic Policy in the Light of Obligations on Economic and Social Rights”, Essex Human Rights Review Vol. 5 No.1, July 2008.
- Radhika Balakrishnan, Diane Elson, James Heintz, J. & Nicholas Lusiani, (2011), “Maximum Available Resources & Human Rights,” Center for Women’s Global Leadership, Rutgers University.
- Ignacio Saiz “Rights in Recession? Challenges for Economic and Social Rights Enforcement in Times of Crisis”, Journal of Human Rights Practice (2009) 1 (2): 277-293, http://jhrp.oxfordjournals.org.
- Association for Women’s Rights in Development, Center of Concern, Center for Economic and Social Rights, Center for Women’s Global Leadership, ESCR-Net, "Bringing Human Rights to Bear in Times of Crisis: A human rights analysis of government responses to the economic crisis", Submission to the High level segment of the 13th session of the UN Human Rights Council on the global and financial crises, 2010.
- Association for Women’s Rights in Development, Center of Concern, Center for Economic and Social Rights, Civicus, DAWN, ESCR-Net, iBase30 and Social Watch, A Bottom-Up Approach to Righting Financial Regulation Briefing Series.
- Center for Economic and Social Rights, “Mauled by the Celtic Tiger: Human Rights in Ireland’s Economic Meltdown,” February 2012.
- Center for Economic and Social Rights, “Visualizing Rights: Spain Factsheet,” May 2012.
- Kumhof, Michael and Ranciere, Romain (2011) “Unequal = Indebted,” Finance & Development, Vol. 48, no. 3, September 2011.
- Richard Murphy, “The Cost of Tax Abuse,” Tax Justice Network, 2011.
- Richard Jolly, Giovanni Andrea Cornia, Diane Elson, Carlos Fortin, Stephany Griffith-Jones, Gerry Helleiner, Rolph van der Hoeven, Raphie Kaplinsky, Richard Morgan, Isabel Ortiz, Ruth Pearson and Frances Stewart, “Be Outraged: There are Alternatives,” Oxfam Great Britain, May 2012.